Leadership is hard
As we discovered in the latest nonprofit leadership report, leadership is hard.
There are competing demands on us. And unclear expectations.
Even our own expectations of ourselves can be unclear.
Most of our life, we’ve had someone else set the agenda and tell us what to do: parents, teachers, bosses. Now we are the agenda setters. And that can be scary.
As you’re working through these summer months (at least the summer months up here in the Northern Hemisphere), take time to clarify some of your own expectations.
- What kind of leader do you want to be?
- What do you want to be known for?
- When others speak about you, what would you like them to say?
- How would you like your staff to feel about work?
- How would you like your family and friends to feel about your care or attention to them?
That’s not an exhaustive list. But it’s a good start.
Another tool to help you explore is the MagnetGoals Goal Setting Program. MagnetGoals helps you organize your goals – and pushes you to dig deep to unearth organizational and personal goals that might not normally surface in a typical goalsetting program.
You can download the guide for free at: https://concordleadershipgroup.com/magnetgoals/